Apply to Study at the College
You may also apply online by clicking here, or you can apply to a summer/evening course here.
An application to study must consist of the following:
- A completed Application Form.
- Academic transcripts and qualification certificate(s) to date.
- Proof of proficiency in English (see Study Requirements)
- For international applicants, proof of proficiency in English (see above).
- Two References (at least one of these should be an academic reference, and if you are currently employed, one may be from an employer). References should be submitted directly to Student Administration, either on headed paper or from an official company/university email address
- Information on whether you are a UK/EU citizen and copies of your visa (if applicable) and passport.
How is my Application Processed?
1.When the Al-Maktoum College receives your form, an acknowledgement email is sent. We may request further information or documents at this stage. Completed applications are then considered by the College.
2. Successful applicants will receive either a conditional or unconditional admission offer. Under the terms of a conditional offer, applicants are requested to obtain or provide evidence of further or pending qualifications that will allow them to fully satisfy the course entry criteria. Such students may, for example, be awaiting final exam results, or an English language test certificate. Unconditional offers will be issued directly to applicants whose qualifications fully satisfy the entry criteria of their desired programme. An interview may take place for those who have been out of education for a period of time, or to assess a candidate further.
3. You will be sent an Offer Letter, and an Acceptance/Decline and Financial Guarantee Form which you should complete and return to the College. Once we have received all the necessary documentation you will be ‘cleared for admission’ either immediately (for unconditional offers) or when you have met the conditions of our offer to you. If you are an overseas student, a CAS can only be issued once you have received an unconditional offer. Further information on the visa process is available by clicking here.
4.Once you have been ‘cleared for admission’ you will also be sent a guide on coming to Dundee, and information regarding registration and tuition fees.
We hope that you are happy with our service, however if you do wish to make a complaint or appeal an application decision please refer to the Complaints and Appeals Procedure for Applicants.
Search for a course